When my youngest son was about one, he put a golf club through a painting I’d been slaving away at for months. Trust me, he did the world a favour.
After that, I thought ‘stuff this painting caper’ and I wrote my first book, His Brand of Beautiful. I’ve now written seven full length rural romance stories and a novella all published by Harlequin (HarperCollins).
These days, I’m probably best known for writing the best-selling rural romance Chalk Hill series. Chalk Hill is a fictional town set in the Great Southern Wine Region of Western Australia. You’d love it there. It has wildflowers, walks, crops, sheep, mountains, whales not far away, and some of the tallest trees you’ll ever see. The first three books are connected and I think, best read in order. They feature the Honeychurch boys… three gorgeous brothers, Jake, Abel and Brix. Each brother finds his happy ever after. The newest Chalk Hill book, The Vet’s Country Holiday, is a stand-alone story (meaning you don’t need to have read the others to enjoy it).
In 2021, I wrote my first crime/mystery novel THE WATERHOLE. That’s been incredibly well-received and reviews have been amazing. AMAZING. Such as: ‘The Waterhole is a captivating Australian crime thriller, right up there with Jane Harper and Chris Hammer. Intelligent, suspenseful, articulate, and very hard to put down,’ from leading Aussie author Greg Barron.
For a bit of fun, I also self-publish two novellas set in my hometown of Cowaramup in Western Australia. They’re feel-good, romantic comedy/cozy mystery reads called The Butterfly House Series, and I describe them as “Bridget Jones meets the Cowaramup Cows.”
You can find out more about my books by visiting the ‘My Books’ menu.
LILY’S LIST OF COOL STUFF:
- The release of THE VET’S COUNTRY HOLIDAY, rural romance set in Chalk Hill, with
Harlequin MIRA (Harper Collins Australia). Paperback and ebook and audible.
- Publishes THE WATERHOLE – my debut mystery/crime title. November 2021.
- Joins independent publishing group Pilyara Press in August 2021.
- Contributing author to 3-in-1 bestseller anthology, Under The Vines with Tricia Stringer and Jacquie Underdown. My story is The Vineyard In The Hills. The book released right in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic. March 23, 2020
- Author of The Chalk Hill series, three rural romance stories published in 2018 and 2019. Book 1: WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE; Book 2: THE CAFE BY THE BRIDGE and Book 3: LAST BRIDGE BEFORE HOME
- Number 1 on Amazon AU with THE VINEYARD IN THE HILLS, June 15, 2018
- Self published, The Butterfly House series. WHO KILLED THE BRIDE? and WHO KILLED THE MOVIE STAR? Two romantic comedies/cozy mysteries set in my hometown of Cowaramup.
- Contract from Harlequin MIRA (HarperCollins) for 3 book series, The Chalk Hill Series, May 2017.
- Print release, THE VINEYARD IN THE HILLS, August 22, 2016
- ARRA Finalist 2015, Best Contemporary Romance, for THE VINEYARD IN THE HILLS (formerly, So Far Into You)
- Print anthology, Harlequin MIRA: MORE TIME FOR THE BEACH Summer 2015-16
- Long-listed 2014 and 2015, Margaret River Short Story Competition
- Romance panelist April 2015, STORIES ON STAGE, Koorliny Arts Centre
- Finalist: Perth’s Shortest Story Competition 2015
- Finalist: First Kiss competition, Romance Writers Of Australia, 2011
When I’m not writing, I love gardening, walking, wine, and walking in gardens (sometimes with wine). Life is good! I live in the Margaret River region of Western Australia with my husband, and two handsome sons who take after their Dad.
To contact me, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks heaps for visiting here at my blog! If you’re interested in my books you can find all the blurbs and buy links in the ‘My Books‘ tab 🙂